My Louis XIV Chair


 I have had this fabo Louis XIV chair for many years. Purchased it while I was living in Long Beach, CA from the Spiegel Catalog in 1987. Mind you it was covered in creamy white linen with a crocheted ribbon around the arms. This catalog was of course way before the internet! Spiegel eventually closed their Chicago doors in the early 2000s. 

Around 13-14 years ago a fabulous fabric shop called Sig Plague was closing down in Edmonton, AB and they were having a huge sale. I purchased this plushy leopard print material…unfortunately only 1 metre. I then used a bit of this material to cover my sewing chair.

This now meant I didn’t have much of this leopard print left and I decided I wanted to recover my Louis XIV chair. I had just enough material to cover everything but the back! Which was ok as I thought it would be fun to have something different in the back to give it character! Luckily, I found a remnant of some French writing linen at Chintz and Company. This was one of my fave stores in Edmonton but unfortunately it now has closed it doors here! Now this store is only in Calgary and Victoria. 

Back to recovering this chair…Janice from Henry’s Interiors recommended I use Nelson of Colonial Upholstery to recover my chair, which I did. Nelson did a fantastic job and was really reasonable. And voila…I now have the chair of my dreams!

There you have it my friends…if you can dream it, you can make it! Hope you enjoyed the story of my Louis XIV Chair! Let me know your thoughts. 

Ciao Bells💋

Comments

Popular Posts