All the Beautiful Things

During this strange time, I find myself just wanting to look at beautiful things. And who doesn’t love to look at flowers and fabulous vintage items!?! It’s always just so enjoyable. In the pictures above, I had decided to take down the tulle above my bed in order to clean it. So I thought I should just take a few snaps of this fabulous bunch of glorious tulle! I had recently bought this fantastic blue vintage 1930s cabinet off of Kijiji so I thought I should showcase it with this cute little vintage chair I found on FB Marketplace along with all my tulle spread out topped with a vintage white enamel pitcher filled with an assortment of blue green flowers! Now that is a beauty of a sight!! The picture next is white tulips that I purchased for myself to brighten up the house for Mother’s Day!
Flowers are always beautiful to look at. The little vintage vanilla wooden stepladder is a gift I received from my son on Mother’s Day and the white tulips really make it pop. Next to it is a farmhouse vintage chair I got for free off of FB Marketplace with a gorgeous basket that was gifted to me by my sweet friend Anna! What a wonderful beautiful surprise this was!!
Here are two photos of my fireplace that I painted using Rustoleum White Linen Chalk Paint. I recently found the chippy white enamel wash basin on FB Marketplace and it turned out the seller was a vendor at the Old Strathcona Antique Mall so I actually purchased it from there. It looks so lovely with the white tulips! At the same time when I purchased the wash basin, I also purchased the turquoise finial. It looks so pretty next to my beautiful mother Rosalie. And if you look really closely you’ll see a little pearl cluster brooch at the very top of the frame holding my mom’s picture which belong to my foster mother Hazel. Yes I had two moms...that’s a whole other story in itself. You’ll have to wait for my book to read about that!
And of course finally spring has sprung and it was time to get flowers for the patio. This fabulous bunch of petunias and assortment of other gorgeous little flowers has now made its home on my somewhat bare patio! Oh and here’s a closer shot of the chippy white enamel vintage wash basin with the white tulips for Mother’s Day. White on white looking so pretty!
I tried to savour my tulips as long as possible and this photo was basically the last day for my tulips! Just had to take a pic of them with my freshly baked banana chocolate chip muffins which is showcased on my shabby chic cake stand that I made using a brass candlestick holder that I painted white and the plate is from Anthropologie. And who doesn’t love to read Rachel Ashwell’s Shabby Chic book with a hot cup of tea snuggled in a fabo ruffle Tattered Rose throw?
For Mother’s Day I also got this cute Vintage Society Co. black and white striped ticking pinafore apron from my daughter and son-in-law, featured with a bucket of purple and red tulips. So beautiful!

What’s more beautiful than tulips next to the lit candle, a vintage Paragon bone china tea cup and a Anthropologie bistro tea holder? Maybe Rachel Ashwell’s Couture Prairie book with none other than more tulips!!
The beauty of this cornflower blue French Pitcher looks so lovely with tulips on my chippy farmhouse chair. Ahhh this makes me happy! And who doesn’t love white crisp tulips?
White on white…what can I say, it’s just beautiful! White tulips in a chippy vintage white wash basin on a white chalk painted fireplace hearth...sooo purdy!
For my patio this spring I picked up this cute little green watering can filled with an assortment of fresh mint! Oh I wish you could smell this bucket of fabulous!
Hot tea in a Shelley bone china tea cup is gorgeous in itself...but even better flipp’n through Rachel Ashwell’s Shabby Chic Treasure Hunting and Decorating Guide and smelling tulips! Oh the flowers from Anna looks so scrumptious on top of my ruffle Tattered Rose throw on my 1918 vintage chair, while these JCrew boots snuggle up to get cozy. 
More chippy vintage goodness with tulips...what more can you ask for?
This is the entire gift that Anna gave me… Such a cute white stool with a big basket of yummy flowers! She’s so wonderful💗 More tulips just put a smile on my face!
This was my display for the virtual vintage hunt on Instagram. It turned out kind of pretty! And of course, more white tulips. So beautiful! Don’t you agree?

I think everyone would agree with me that looking at all these beautiful things definitely takes your mind off of what is happening in the world right now. And sometimes you really need this type of distraction!! Stay beautiful everyone!!

Ciao Bellas💋



Comments

Popular Posts